In this episode of Toasted Earth, we have Sarah Garner talk about her sustainability efforts in reselling kids’ clothes. Sarah is the founder and CEO of Retykle, an innovative luxury resale e-commerce platform making buying and selling great quality children's wear convenient. It drives a circular economy where parents can buy and resell designer babies, kids, and maternity clothing.
Listen in to learn the importance of a circular economy that promotes recycling and environmental sustainability. You will also learn the importance of being certifiable as a company to be accountable for sustainability.
What You Will Learn:
· [0:57] Sarah on her career in luxury fashion before transitioning to circular fashion.
· [3:41] The wastefulness and overconsumption caused by constant buying of kid’s clothing.
· [5:44] How she executed the idea of reselling kid’s clothing by creating an eCommerce experience.
· [10:36] The process of buying, selling, and reselling kid’s clothing with Retykle.
· [11:58] How they’re tracking the environmental impact of their circular economy business.
· [13:09] The impact of cheap fashion and overproduction of inventory on the environment.
· [16:14] Some other companies that are using the circularity model.
· [18:02] Why Retykle chose to sell vs. rent with their model.
· [21:24] How they’re measuring and incorporating many environmentally friendly practices.
· [22:42] The importance of being certifiable to be accountable for sustainability.
· [24:20] How to be climate neutral certified- accounting for your business operation carbon output.
· [26:56] Sarah on Retykle’s future scalability and sustainability plans.
· [30:31] How they utilize tech to minimize processing time and touch time.
· [32:11] How to contribute to sustainable fashion as opposed to fast fashion.
· [35:03] Why we need to be accountable and give back rather than dispose.
· Website: https://retykle.com/
· Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/retykle/Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/toastedearth)